For this competition, participants must employ image segmentation techniques and perform different levels of segmentation of real documents. The purpose of this competition is to evaluate the quality of image segmentation algorithms in case of documents acquired by mobile devices cameras, where several issues may influence the segmentation task, such as the distance of document to the camera, the perspective, the focus, reflection or shadow due to the environment luminosity, place where document is, document texture and background, among others. In addition, we are proposing in this competition different levels of segmentation tasks, yielding to the following challenges in the competition.
- 1st Challenge: Document Boundary Segmentation
- 2nd Challenge: Zone Text Segmentation
- 3rd Challenge: Signature Segmentation
To evaluate the methods, the following similarity metrics will be considered:
- Dice Similarity Coefficient (DSC);
- Scale Invariant Feature Transform (SIFT);
- Structural Similarity Index (SSIM).
The schedule for this competition is divided into five stages:
- Invitation Stage: December 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021;
- Registration Stage: December 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021;
- Sample Dataset available:
January 16, 2021January 18, 2021;
- Train and valiadtion Datasets available: January 31, 2021;
- Test Dataset available: April 1, 2021;
- Results Report Deadline: April 20, 2021.
Fill out this form to register for the competition.